This is not an mp3 blog

It's stuff we like, if you don't too bad.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Sorry no gay rappers here (Except Hammer)

It's been a while since a mixtape graced the posts of our blog so here we go.

Bay Area Mixtape

1. Burnt - Del tha Funky Homosapien & Heiroglyphics. If you skateboarded in the early 90's you will recognize this song from Mike Carroll's part In Questionable. Arguably the best vid of all time.
2. I Love Boosters - The Coup. Sometimes I wish I lived in the ghetto, then I could buy stuff from cars instead of ebay.
3. 93 til infinity - Souls of Mischief. Probably the most played to death song ever from this area. But, I still like it.
4. Do What You Like - Digital Underground. Sex Packets was the first cd I ever owned. And this song was 9 mins long, needless to say my mom wasn't too stoked.
5. Baking Soda in Minnesota - Andre Nikatina. P. Diddy, this song is a prime example of how to use violins in a sample. Pay attention.
6. The Bitch Sucks Dick - Too $hort. If you grew up on the West Coast, you rocked the shit out of Too $hort.
7. Cab Fare - Souls of Mischief ft Hieroglyphics. Sooooo goood.
8. Changes - Tupac (RIP). I had to throw that one in.
9. Mista Dobilina - Del. When I was like 10 yrs old we could get a raio station from Vancouver at night. This song was on the top 10 at ten.
10. U and Dat - E-40.

****BONUS**** Can't touch this - MC Hammer

2 Comments:

Blogger ~sarah p. said...

For the record, Cab Fare is one of the greatest tracks of all time, and I'm insanely jealous that it's on your side of the tape.
Good choice.

12:57 PM  
Blogger ~sarah p. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home