This is not an mp3 blog

It's stuff we like, if you don't too bad.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

More Accurate Than Miss Cleo (Summer Jam 2007 Predictions)

We're sitting here on the edge of summer, and I don't know if we've found our first summer jam of the season yet. How would your BBQ have turned out last year if Three 6 wasn't there to make it happen? Do you think you would have ever got to second base with that girl in the summer of 1994 if Warren G and Nate Dogg didn't collabo on Regulate? Doubt it.
The fact of the matter is that summer jams make all of the good parts of summer possible.
Here are our top picks for the songs to get your asses moving in the summer of 2007:

5. Party and Bullshit (Ratatat Remix) - Notorious B.I.G. Yeah, yeah, I know this track is so old, but this remix is about as fresh as it gets, and there's nothing better than taking a classic and making it new again.
4. D.A.N.C.E. - Justice. I can't say I totally love this track at all, but just try and avoid it this summer... Not gonna happen.
3. On Fire - Lil' Mama. You already adore Lip Gloss, right? Don't lie, you do. This one's gonna tear it up, no question.
2. Can't Tell Me Nothing - Kanye West. I've said it before and I'll say it again... I don't want to like Kanye at all, but how can I stop when he keeps pulling shit like this out of the bag?
1. Big Things Poppin - T.I. It took me a while to grow into this one, but then I listened to it on repeat about a billion times yesterday, and it got under my skin and straight into my heart like every good summer jam should.

Honorable mention: Song 4 Mutya - Groove Armada. Someone needs to lift the beat off of this one and put it over something amazing, because I hate all of the singing parts so, so much. That being said, the beat has been killing me for a week now, and I don't think it's about to stop anytime soon.

~sarah p.

5. Solta O Frango - Bonde Do Role Because it's not a real summer unless something comes from Brazil.
4. Get Me Bodied - Beyonce You know it's going to be a summer hit when you can clap along really fast.
3. I'm a Flirt (rmx) - R. Kelly ft T.I. and T. Pain It's not a real summer unless R. Kelly is in it.
2. Hit Pop - Numero# For some reason the French have been pumping out a lot of great music lately.
1. You Know What it is - T.I. ft Wyclef This has everything a summer banger needs. Southern Rapper, check. Reggae guy, check. Good beat, check. Crank this one up and get the BBQ started.

-Pickle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home