This is not an mp3 blog

It's stuff we like, if you don't too bad.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

It's all been done (pretty much).

Have you seen the work that Phillip Toledano has been doing lately? He just posted a few new shots on his site, and they are pretty unreal. Phillip is another fella that really does his best to stay out of the artist limelight, and that makes me respect him even more.

I would call Phillip's work standard, had it not been for his interesting use of framing and perspective. The art-world, particularly photography, stopped wowwing me years ago. I feel like I've seen it all. It's getting to the point where people have to do absolutely absurd projects, such as these ceramic sculptures, done by Japanese artist Shigeki Hayashi, in order to put out something fresh. Kinda sucks.


~sarah p.



p.s. Since I probably won't be making it over to the Five Boroughs this summer for the first time in years, perhaps I'd like to get one of these for my sad desk at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home