This is not an mp3 blog

It's stuff we like, if you don't too bad.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Two turntables and a microphone.

With all of the big-name hip hop that I listen to, there's times when I question whether or not I'm more into the production values than the actual rhymes.
However, despite all of the Kanye/9th Wonder/Pete Rock-produced stuff I'm into, there are times when an entire record label can remind me why the lyrics and turntableism are just as important.

G'Head Stones Throw Records.

They're throwing out some serious shit right now, like Oh No (who is totally Madlib's younger brother), Peanut Butter Wolf, Dudley Perkins, and Percee P.
As well, they have some popular fellas, such as MF Doom, Madlib and his billion personas, and J-Dilla (RIP).

The site's got downloads and podcasts, too.

~sarah p.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home