This is not an mp3 blog

It's stuff we like, if you don't too bad.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

mp3 blogs.

Man, I really do love mp3 blogs.... Probably even more than I-Tunes and Limewire combined.
I'm pretty obsessed with them, so I've got a good little list of ones that I visit on a regular basis. Here's my top 5:

5. Cocaine Blunts and Hip Hop Tapes. These guys took a vacation a while ago, and I went through withdrawal pretty badly.
4. Aurgasm. This was probably the very first mp3 blog (beyond sites like Largehearted Boy, Tofu Hut, and Stereogum that everyone knows about) that I came across. Believe it or not, sometimes I like shit that isn't hip hop/soul/funk-based, and Aurgasm has a good mix of genres.
3. Funky 16 Corners. Tons of old, hard-to-find soul. Looking for something to sample? This is where you'll probably find it.
2. Palms Out Sounds. Really amazing features, such as Remix Sundays and Sample Wednesdays. Always has great tracks.
1. Freemotion Hip Hop. Not only does Freemotion have some of the best downloads, it also has some of the most opinionated and insightful commentary out there (such as this article, their most recent). It's a pretty well-done site... For an Oklahoman. ;)

~sarah p.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home