This is not an mp3 blog

It's stuff we like, if you don't too bad.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Mixtape Monday: One-Hit Wonders


It's all too common... Artists release a single, it raises up the charts, and no other single they ever release even comes close to the success of the initial single. Although every track on this list is debatable, depending on who you talk to, here are some tracks that had the potential to start up a very fruitful career, but just didn't ever pan out:

Side A

1. Young Mc - Bust a Move. I don't really consider him a 1 hit wonder. If you get the chance listen to the whole Stone Cold Rhymin cd.
2. The Choice is Yours - Black Sheep.
3. Regulators - Warren G.
4. Here comes the Hotsteppa - Ini Kamoze.
5. Let Me Clear My Throat - DJ Kool. This also fetaured 1 hit wonder and Celebrity Fit Club alumni Biz Markie.
6. Renee - The Lost Boyz. Kinda like Onyx, had great potential.
7. Dance Tonight - Lucy Pearl. This one I don't understand, they had all the makings of a supergroup.
8. Wild Thing - Tone Loc.
9. Fire - Joe Budden. You just no he's going nowhere.
10. Never Scared - Bone crusher Ft Killa Mike and T.I.

-Pickle

Side B

1. I Wish - Skee-Lo
2. I.N.C. Ride - Masta Ace Incorporated
3. My Neck, My Back (Lick It) - Khia
4. Party All The Time - Eddie Murphy
5. Back In The Day - Ahmad
6. Laffy Taffy - D4L (Although it's still early in D4L's career, let's be honest with ourselves).
7. Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like That) - Digable Planets
8. Just a Friend - Biz Markie
9. Rumpshaker - Wreckx-N-Effect
10. Chain Hang Low - Jibbs (Once again, some would say it's a tad too early to call little Jibbs a one-hit wonder, but I beg to differ).

~sarah p.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home